12.10.2018

first time making christmas cookies

I know - I'm decades behind on the whole Christmas cookie thing. Turns out my Mom tried making the dough once when we were younger and failed miserably, so her and my Dad decided instead of cookies, we'd just get plugged into church events up to our elbows and call it good.

Just kidding on half of that story. I'll let you decide which part.

Much to my surprise - Rhett loved the whole cookie process. His favorite station was probably the cookie cutter portion and it was so sweet watching him make a million gingerbread men.



I posted that picture to instagram and I had a friend (I'll keep her anonymous) message me, "Your Mom is so joyful, I love pictures of her! I didn't meet her, but I get the feeling you are similar to her and I mean that in such a good way!"

I love that and totally agree, Michelle. I mean Jane! I agree.



We had to wear matching shirts. I'm a little disappointed that there weren't any festive necklaces, but my Mom asked for forgiveness. So obviously I forgave her.


Towards the end we roped my Dad into joining us, but then he ended up being better than both of us at decorating so we regretted our decision and vowed to never let him help again.

Kidding!


You didn't think we'd leave the flute out of the equation, right?

In all seriousness, I've missed hearing music being played - so I love it when random instruments start filling the slate house.

Shane, not so much.

Can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Best Christmas present ever -- you started blogging again! p.s...your blog is great too!