7.29.2019

mmmm boss - wooo!

*tap tap* 

Hello? Is anybody there? Just me and my mom? Sweet, let's do this!

I'm finding myself alone on a Monday night because Shane is working late and Rhett is at vacation bible school most likely stuffing his face with goldfish and refusing to dance along to songs. 

I didn't know what I should fill my time with and Shane very lovingly (but kind of aggressively?) said "go write!"

So. Here I am. It's been a while! 

I remember when I was younger hearing my parents greet other parents and the first topic of conversation most of the time was, "Can you believe it's already July? The year has just flown!"

And I'd roll my eyes and skip off and play.

But can you believe that it's already the end of July?! I can't. This summer has been nothing short of so good and full. 

I'm convinced that farming makes the years go by faster. 

Speaking of farming - big news over here, we got ourselves some cows!


The light one is named Butter and the black one is named Blacky #7. I think.

The opportunity to get involved with cows was so unexpected, but it's literally my favorite thing. And yes, I know I say that about planting season. I just really like agriculture! 

Here's the drill. We all load up in the truck and go pick up corn. Then on the way there Rhett will ask the same questions he does every time --

"Why is that tractor sitting there?"

"Who lives there?"

"Why?"

"Why?"

"Why?"

And then we honk the truck horn to make sure the cows know it's us coming to feed them and not the boogie man.  Then Shane and Rhett jump out and start yelling, "MMMMM boss, WOOOOO!"

When Rhett yells it my heart just melts. Melts!

Although it has been rather humid lately so that may be why too. 


And then Shane pours the corn into those feeders and starts counting to make sure all the ladies come to gossip hour. 

And then I take pictures from the truck because I always wear the wrong shoes. 



Remember when I helped Shane sort cattle in 2010?! That feels like yesterday and a million years ago. You can read that recap here!


Almost 10 years later and I'm still taking pictures of his rear while he works. 

And talking about it on the internet. 

I'm glad to be back. 

No comments: