3.24.2018

Weekend Randoms. Have a good one!



Shane just took Rhett out to the shed to get some work done on the planter, leaving me to some alone time in the house for maybe an hour. A glorious hour of not being paranoid that my toddler isn't coloring on a wall somewhere.

It's gloomy this morning, which is usually not my favorite, but nothing a lighted candle and music (specifically, jazz) can't fix. I'm really trying to keep my rear sitting at this desk to write instead of starting a load of laundry like I normally would. It's hard for me to relax at home because I feel a tug to always be doing something productive. Is that how all stay at home moms feel?

We got a puppy the other day! His name is Todd and man it feels good to have an animal around the house again. Speaking of animals - we're going to get chickens too. Which, if you know me you know that I'm terrified of birds. But! I've been doing research. I googled "nicest chickens that don't peck your eyeballs out" and sure enough there's a breed out there just for scaredy cats like myself. Oh! Cats. We should probably get some cats too.

I almost bought a carhartt coat the other day because I'm sick of being cold in my Target jackets. Yeah, I don't know who I am anymore either.

Gilmore Girls has been playing in the background while I make dinner lately. Something about the small town charm, continuous consumption of coffee and small business minded script of the show puts me in a good mood.

Lastly, we're gearing up for planting season - and Shane and I are both feeling ready. We drove out to the farm the other day during the golden hour and I was overwhelmed at opportunity that we've been given to care for the land. I can't wait to start this adventure with my man.

Have a great weekend!


No comments: