3.01.2018

A new month.

Below is an accurate representation of how I feel about a new month:


(Backstory on this photo: every year we go to the Iowa state fair, attend a concert, and get a gyro. I was pretty excited last year so I held it like a newborn.)


When I was younger, March was the month of birthdays at school which meant that homemade sugar goodness was devoured every other day. 

March was also the month where Jason and I would practically jump off the school bus at 3:15, eager for outside time that resulted in shoes and jeans that were sopping wet and muddy. My Mom can vouch for the mess it created.  Come to think of it, she can vouch for my cavities too.

When spring hits, the newness of the season feels enough for me. It seems like every winter I forget what it's like for my bare arms to be warmed by the sun and that a simple breath of fresh air after nap time does wonders for my little guy. That planning the rough drafts for the flower garden and seeing people walking around town after work are instant mood boosters for my extravert and outside lovin' soul. 

I don't know about the rest of the world, but I crave less this time of year. Not less of anything specific, just less.

All the sudden I like my wardrobe, which is weird because I hated it a couple minutes ago. The usual afternoon muffin or cookie is replaced with tea. TV shows and netflix binges are no competition for soaking in that perfect golden hour. 

I think thats the pure beauty of seasons. At just the right time - perspective shifts and everything simple becomes enough. 

Cheers to longer days, slightly warmer temperatures and muddy boots. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So happy to see this today. You haven"t lost your touch! Love it.��