12.04.2017

second date of Christmas!

I've been going to the Oskaloosa Lighted Parade since, eh - forever.

One magical year, I actually got to walk in the parade. Our church had put together a float and the ribbons team (yes, the 2000's were good to me) got to walk in front it doing a little routine. We spent the days leading up to it making sure we all had matching white gloves and headbands. The hour before was full of spray glitter in our hair (and Pam's bathroom floor, sorry!) and makeup. And if that wasn't enough, our jitters were covered in a light snow as we walked through town twirling our ribbons.

I didn't think anything could top that until I saw Rhett's eyes as he discovered the lighted train going down the street last week. And the feeling of him clinging to my leg when the larger than life characters from Charlie Brown marched towards him. When the horses went by he screamed, "I WAN DAT!" Which is how I feel when I see a cookie.

This is the second year that we've ended the evening at Smokey Row with some peppermint mocha and ice cream. I actually considered jumping behind the counter to work with the employees because they were just downright jolly.  Don't you love it when people enjoy what they do?





Already looking forward to next year! 

No comments: