5.01.2017

a list on a monday.

Last night I went into crazy type A mode - which is highly unlike me, I like to call myself type D-. I started to go through our giant calendar month by month trying to plan it out so it keeps us doing fun things, but doesn't feel like a summer spent in the car. Final result? I'm not great at Type A things.

Speaking of yesterday. Shane and I spent the entire day 'bickering between our dentures.' Oh, you don't know what that is? Well. I have this theory. Old married people have spent their whole life arguing and they are done with it. Done so much that they have no energy to yell or give the silent treatment or let their tempers rise! So what do they do? They say slightly passive aggressive comments every now and again, they joke when they probably shouldn't, they are a touch rude, etc. At the end of the day I was tired of our denture clattering and told Shane that I was getting sensitive to his comments. I'm not sure what he said after that because I closed my eyelids and dreamt that we moved above a bakery and our house always smelled like sugar and I gained 30 pounds.

I started re-watching Parenthood as I cleaned the house last Saturday. Gosh that show. Brings all the feelings to my eyeballs.

I have tell the internet that I'm in love with this paint color and am trying my best not to slather my entire world with this shade of green. It's moody, traditional and just screams home to me.

Who's excited for May?! I love the beginning of the month. Fun things happen this month: the farmers market starts, we get to celebrate our mothers, more bike rides on the agenda, and the Peddlers Jamboree over Memorial Day.

I'll leave you with this picture of Rhett. It's the cutest.



Told ya. :)




2 comments:

Megan said...

I think the fact that you still love that green color after all these years definitely tells me that
A) you should slather whatever you can find in green
and
B) you shouldn't listen to people who tell you otherwise

Sweet Rhett, I love him so much!!

the reconstituted heart said...

I love you. And your dentures. And your paint colors. Let's be real friends and visit each other some time. <3