7.27.2016

country life stories.

I've officially become an old lady who stares at cars as they slowly pass our house to see who is driving them.

I heard once upon a time that the best thing you can do when walking/running alone and coming up to stranger is to look them in the face to let them know that you mean business. None of this looking at the ground or to the side stuff. Right in the eyes. Sometimes I flex my muscles just for good measure. And to really outdo yourself you could wear your junior high track ribbon that reads "1st place runner". They don't need to know that everyone got a ribbon.

I digress, back to the car situation.

I can stare at cars and wonder who is in them because I live in the middle of nowhere and it's seen as socially acceptable.

Just the other day my neighbor came over because he saw that our garage door was open. This is a universal sign that we're home, come on over!

"I saw your garage door open and thought I'd stop by!"

Great! Welcome. I haven't brushed my teeth yet and am still in my pajamas.

After a bit of small talk, a car drove by and I asked him, "Do you know who that is?"

"Yes, that's the neighbors brother who comes by occasionally."

"Perfect! Glad I don't have to sleep with a knife tonight."

And then he left.

And then I decided that I should probably put on real clothes before opening my garage door.


No comments: