12.21.2015

why I got 4 hours of sleep. hint hint: it's not because of rhett.

Last night I was doing the normal routine of getting ready for bed. Rhett was sleeping in the bassinet, looking so darn cute, and Shane was putting tools away that we had used to do the grout earlier in the evening.

Or so I thought.

All the sudden he comes into the bedroom, speaking really loud.

"Kallie --"

"Shhhhh! Rhett is sleeping!"

"(As he grabs the gun underneath the bed) Don't freak out, but there has been a car sitting in front of our house for the last ten minutes. I'm going to go check it out."

Insert the immediate feeling of wanting to move to a different house. In a different state. With body guards.

"UM. Maybe we should call the police instead?! You're going to leave me in here with Rhett all alone?! Do you not know me?! LETS CALL THE POLICE ITS THEIR JOB THEY GET PAID TO DO THIS! "

"You're not alone, you have another gun. I'll be right back."

Uhhhh.

Long story short - the car drove off before Shane made it outside. But then I thought I heard a noise as we were laying in bed. So I jumped up, opened the curtains and saw a white truck in the driveway.

"*GASP!!!!*"

Shane: "What!"

Me: "Oh, it's just our truck in the driveway. No worries."

And then he tried telling me different scenarios on why the car was parked there:

"Oh - it was probably a couple fighting in their car."
"We have a raccoon in our shed and it was probably a teenager that saw it and wanted to get it."
"Maybe they were lost and on the phone with someone and had to stop and focus."

Sure. Maybe.

All I know is that I didn't sleep for 2 more hours and googled home security systems at 2:00 in the morning.

Happy Monday!

No comments: