10.23.2015

life right now


IT'S FRIDAY.

Not sure why I just yelled that, but I'm excited about the possibility of snuggling in bed tomorrow morning as a family, even though that probably won't happen. Shane is kind of a go getter in the morning. I'm more of a "go getter me some coffee" in the morning.

We had Rhett's newborn pictures taken on Wednesday and it went fairly well. I bathed him at 9:00, and fed him at 9:30 hoping that he would sleep through the session. Everything was going great until he didn't want to sleep. So I felt sort of bad about that.

Mostly, I felt bad for the photographer because I had only managed to brush my teeth for a hot minute and she got to be around me in all my stinky, day 2 hair glory. I was wearing a really old pair of sweatpants and bears shirt that I inherited from my friend Becky. And you bet your bottom that deodorant was no where to be found.

I laugh about it all today though, because this is life now.

My bed side table looks like a the nursing section at Target threw up all over it. There are baby books at the bottom of our bed under the covers. Cold coffee sitting in mugs all over the house. Baby blankets covered in spit up and stained onesies making the laundry pile up in a matter of seconds.

And I wouldn't trade it for anything.


2 comments:

the reconstituted heart said...

There should be a "like" button for blog posts. And I'd hit it a hundred times.

Sherri said...

Wow, he looks just like your husband!