5.26.2015

we (are trying to!) buy a house.

Mr. B bought me a planner for "you're going to be a mom day!" a couple weeks ago - and I've been using that bad boy to document and write out everything you can think of.

"Buy dog food."

"Pay day!" (Favorite!)

"Make bed." (Not my favorite.)

Do you know what planners don't do? Keep other people on the ball.

We were supposed to close on our house for the 2nd time in a week, and it's not happening again.

Blah.

Being a grown up is confusing sometimes. Mostly because I'm not a grown up. And mostly because House Hunters is terrible at showing what buying a house is really like.

I remember the first time Mr. B and I toured a home and the realtor followed us everywhere. I turned to Mr. B and whispered, "Why is she following us? Isn't she supposed to wait outside while we check everything out?"

He squeezed my shoulder, pulled me in by the waist and whispered back, "Honey, this isn't House hunters television."

To which my bottom lip immediately stuck itself out and my forehead creased in 7 different areas.

#ineedbotox

So, anyway. Want to see our little farmhouse fixer? She's cute. We haven't thought of a name yet.

I asked Mr. B what we should name her and he said, "How about just house."

Typical.


Hopefully we'll close by the end of the week.

But for now our cable is screwed up and all the sudden I have a million channels and I can't decide if I want to watch Teen Mom, Dance Moms, Sex in the City, or The Hunger Games.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: