1.17.2012

big secrets.

It's secret sharing time. Deep and dark, get ready because I'm about to go all Dr. Phil on ya.

The best place to go when your mind is playing the what if game and you can't turn it off is..lets do a little drum roll here.. the childrens section in a book store.



It's also the perfect place to go and hang out when you're having a great day too, because it makes you even happier. I mean, you can read books with titles that have the word fart in them. How is that not funny?

I love to read childrens books. So simple. Pretty straight forward, and the best illustrations. Today I read a book about a spoon wanting to be a fork.

But I want to be a fork! He gets used for spaghetti and I can't! Hmmph!

When I read that line I just wanted to tell him that he's lucky because spoons get used for cereal, and cereal is the best waste of calories ever!

And then it hit me, why don't I always think like that? And now you're thinking that this is a cliche post about seeking the positive in a negative situation because life is just better that way.

And you're right. And I've always heard it, but sometimes it takes reading a childrens book to have that realization hit you like a ton of bricks.

So, here's to being more calm. Happier! Healthier! Trustier!

That's not a word. I know this-but you should always trust Jesus.

Now let's all say it together- Amen.





No comments: