2.27.2011

Wisconsin.

I can't believe it's taken me so long to write about Mr. B and I's trip to the Badger State!

One word: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.


It felt like we were at the spa the whole weekend.


We got on the road early Friday and spent 4 1/2 hours talking, singing, playing games and only stopping once. Booyah!  It amazes me how long I have been with Mr. B and I still find out new things about him on a regular basis. Homeboy kicked my behind playing the "name that tune" game.

I let him win.

I do that on a regular basis so he feels loved.

When we got to my Grandma's house we gave hugs and crashed on her couch after 30 minutes of stepping in the door. She spoiled us rotten the whole weekend stuffing us with amazing food and great company. Mr. B swears her couch is infested with Ambien, because whenever he sat on it he would fall asleep.


He's the cutest thing ever. 


The next morning we met Jay and Michelle to go to the lake and see some sweet lookin' fish. They were so big and nasty! Whenever someone would bring one to get registered, people would gather around and take pictures. So of course I did my best to blend in and took some as well.


Later on that day we traveled to my Mom's hometown to see my Uncle Dale's dairy farm. 
The farm has been in the family since the 1800's and we actually got to see the paperwork when my family bought it for 100 dollars. 


I apologize ahead of time for the overload of cow photos. What can I say? I wish I was as photogenic as them. Talent, I'm tellin' ya! 






My favorite parts of the day? Cleaning cow poop off my jacket and letting a one day old calf suck on my fingers. It's the best feeling. 



I couldn't have asked for a better weekend! I love being Mr. B's co-pilot and seeing my moms side of the family. I can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

Looks like a blast!

Kallie Brelsford said...

It really was! Winters up north are so pretty!