11.04.2019

daylight savings thoughts


I've been learning a lot about seasons and weather patterns this past month - how transition comes about and why we lose precious hours of sun during the autumn and winter seasons. It's fascinating (and something I most likely learned in elementary school that I've forgotten - and of course my sponge brained husband remembers learning it in 5th grade) - but as an adult it takes on a whole new meaning to me.

You see, every single thing about seasons is intentional. Carefully and meticulously crafted.

The crisp air, the overcast skies, the earlier sunsets.

It's all held by our Creator who does nothing without intention and purpose.

And when I feel my own self wanting to complain - I'm reminded that there are lessons and purpose that are being handed to me.

One of my favorite authors, Christie Purifoy once said "will you receive what this season has to offer?"

Instead of missing the summer nights and yearning for spring to come early - I think I'll shift my focus to the present season being handed to me.

Preferably in a cute ceramic mug.

P.S. No, I'm not really sure what those salt lamps do except create a stunning glow in my kitchen - and yes, I will need reminded of this post in a March snow storm.

Happy Monday!

No comments: