10.29.2019

the first snow of the year.

I should start with saying that I'm a sucker for the first snowfall of the season.

Call me a snow romantic!

And usually I've been the only one in our home who likes the white fluffy goodness. In years past, Rhett would cry that it was hitting his face and Shane would say, "Guess he's like his Dad."

And I would sob into my pillow at night.

Jokes! Though, I would wonder if Shane was brainwashing him when I was sleeping.

But this morning?

While perched on the stairs, peering through the staircase spindles - I hear a raspy morning voice say, "Snow?!"

Rhetts excitement to go outside and run in the snow was unlike anything Shane and I have experienced with him - we were all laughing and smiling so big that our faces hurt.



And then to celebrate we made some chocolate chip muffins.


Being home for moments like this make my heart so grateful I feel like it could burst.

Just another ordinary Tuesday at the slate house.

No comments: