8.09.2019

summer mornings.

If you know me, you know that I love living in the midwest where there are seasons.

Something about the reset and trying new rhythms makes me all giddy and excited - but even more, I love it when those rhythms bring a deep joy that is unexpected. 

My favorite thing about this summer? 

Mornings. 


I've tried to become a morning person for as long as I can remember, and I'm not saying that it will never happen - but 7:00 seems to be the time that my body finally agrees with the alarm clock that it's time to get out of bed. 

When the time comes for me to go downstairs - I'm greeted with coffee and a front porch that beckons me to come outside. 

And she doesn't take no for an answer! Bossy thing. 

So I start the washing machine and open my screen door to plant truth in my heart and mind. 

And just when the machine is done - I come back outside to hang clothes on my clothesline. 


Ahhhhh, the clothesline. Even just looking at this picture makes me exhale. 

It's like yoga on a rope! Or something like that. 


And getting dressed in the morning isn't complete without my newest accessory. 

Have you ever worn an apron? It's life changing!

I'm convinced Mary was wearing an apron when the angel came to her and told her she would carry the Son of God. 

Maybe that's dramatic, but just believe me and start wearing one. 


And then usually Rhett wakes up, comes to the front door and tells Ellie not to eat his breakfast before we cut zinnias. 

Which I've learned, is also one of my favorite things. 

But also I sweat a lot during the cutting process because he's 3 and I love flowers. 

Excuse me while I go apply more deodorant. 

Cheers to mornings!

No comments: